The Kenya Forest Service (KFS) is a government agency responsible for the management and conservation of Kenya’s forest resources. The agency is tasked with ensuring the sustainable use of forest resources, as well as protecting and rehabilitating degraded forests. To achieve its mandate, the KFS employs a team of professionals who work in various capacities to ensure that the agency’s objectives are met. In this article, we will discuss the Kenya Forest Service recruitment process, the qualifications required, and the benefits of working for the agency.
To apply for Kenya Forest Service recruitment, interested candidates must meet certain eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria vary depending on the position being applied for. Here are some of the requirements for Kenya Forest Service recruitment:
- KWS Recruitment
- KDF Recruitment
- KYEOP Application Form
- NYS Recruitment
- AMCON Recruitment
- BPE Recruitment
- Liberia Army Recruitment
- NAIC Recruitment
Job Opportunities in Kenya Forest Service 2023/2024
The KFS offers numerous job vacancies across multiple professional roles, including :
- Inspector Cadet
- Forest Assistant I, II, III
- Senior Manager Corporate Service
- Senior I.C.T. Officer
- Legal Officer
- Record Management Officer II
- Mechanical Workshop Manager
- Superintendent of Roads
- Library Assistant II
- Human Resource Management Assistant II
- Administrative Assistant II
- Accounts Assistant
- Forester Trainees
- Assistant Housekeeper
- Cook II
- Driver III
- Plant Operator III
- Mechanic II
- Office Assistant III
- Kitchen Hand
Key Requirements for KFS Recruitment 2023/2024
Like any other recruitment process, there are set requirements for all applicants, including:
- Kenyan citizenship
- Possession of a Certificate in Forestry from a recognized institution
- A minimum grade of D+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
- Proficiency in computer applications
- A valid Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- An updated curriculum vitae (CV)
Special Requirements for KFS Rangers Recruitment
For those aspiring to join as KFS Rangers, there are additional criteria:
- Physical and mental fitness
- A valid National ID Card
- A minimum KCSE score of D+
- A height requirement (5.6ft for males, 5.3ft for females)
- Female applicants must not be pregnant at the time of application
- All applicants must be free from criminal investigations
How to Apply
To apply for Kenya Forest Service recruitment, interested candidates should follow these steps:
- Visit the Kenya Forest Service recruitment website at https://recruitment.kenyaforestservice.org/login
- Create an account by providing your name as it appears on your National ID, a valid email address, phone number, and password.
- Log in to your account and fill in the application form.
- Upload the required documents, including academic and professional certificates, National ID, and passport-size photo.
- Submit the application form online and wait for a notification email confirming the receipt of your application.
It is important to note that the recruitment process for the Kenya Forest Service may vary depending on the position being applied for. Candidates are advised to read the job advertisement carefully and follow the instructions provided.
What is the salary range for Kenya Forest Service Rangers
The salary range for Kenya Forest Service Rangers varies depending on the source. Here are some estimates:
- The average salary for Kenya Forest Service employees is 32,201 Shillings.
- The base pay for an Assistant Conservator of Forest (which includes rangers) is KES 143,000 per month.
- A forest ranger earns Sh11,000 a month, but if they were on the Kenya Forest Service pay scale, the entry salary would be Sh18,000 a month.
It is important to note that the salary range for Kenya Forest Service Rangers may vary depending on factors such as experience, qualifications, and job location.