Learn how to check your WAEC May/June result online or by SMS, with step-by-step instructions and tips. Get your result fast and easily with this comprehensive guide.
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is a regional examination body that conducts examinations in Nigeria and other West African countries. The WAEC May/June examination is the most important secondary school examination in Nigeria. The WAEC May/June result is used for admission into higher education institutions in Nigeria and other countries.
How to Check WAEC May/June Result
There are two ways to check your WAEC May/June result: first is Online with the help of internet access the second is through SMS
To check your WAEC May/June result Online, follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit the WAEC Result Checker website
Visit the WAEC Result Checker website at www.waecdirect.org.
Step 2: Enter your examination number
Enter your 10-digit WAEC examination number. This can be found on your examination photo card.
Step 3: Select your examination year
Select the year you took the WAEC May/June exam.
Step 4: Select your examination type
Select “May/June WASSCE” as the examination type.
Step 5: Enter your scratch card details
Enter the 12-digit card serial number found on the reverse side of your scratch card, as well as the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your scratch card.
Step 6: Submit and view your result
Click the “Submit” button and wait for your result to be displayed on the screen.
How to Check WAEC Results Via SMS 📱
To check your WAEC results via SMS, follow these steps:
- Type the following message on your phone: WAECYOUR EXAM NUMBERPIN*YEAR
- Send the message to 32327
- You will receive a reply message with your result.
If your exam number is 1234567890, your PIN is 123456, and your year of exam is 2023, you would type the following message:
and send it to 32327.
You will then receive a reply message with your result.
- You will need to have a WAEC Direct Scratch card in order to check your results by SMS. You can purchase a WAEC Direct Scratch card from any WAEC office or from any designated scratch card vendor.
- The cost of checking your results by SMS is ₦30.
- Only MTN, Glo, and Airtel subscribers can check their WAEC results by SMS.
If you have any problems checking your results by SMS, you can contact WAEC customer service for assistance.
Tips for Checking WAEC May/June Result
- Make sure that you have your examination number, PIN number, and scratch card number before you start checking your results.
- If you are checking your results online, make sure that you have a good internet connection.
- If you are checking your results by SMS, make sure that you have enough airtime on your phone.
- If you have any problems checking your result, contact WAEC customer service for assistance.
Have a Problem Checking Your WAEC Result?
If you are having trouble checking your WAEC result, here are some possible solutions:
- Check your internet connection: Ensure that you have a stable internet connection before attempting to check your result online.
- Check your scratch card details: Double-check the scratch card details you entered to ensure that they are correct. Make sure that you have entered the correct examination number, examination year, scratch card serial number, and PIN.
- Contact WAEC support: If you are still having trouble checking your result, you can contact the WAEC support team for assistance. Send an email to email@example.com and provide the following details: error message displayed, examination number, type of exam, and year of exam.
- Check for result-checking errors: There are some common errors that may occur while checking WAEC results, such as “Result not available in a specified year” or “Result withheld”. If you encounter any of these errors, you can check out the solutions provided on the WAEC website or other educational blogs.
- Visit the nearest WAEC office: If all else fails, you can visit the nearest WAEC office for further assistance and inquiries.
What to do After Checking Your WAEC May/June Result
Once you have checked your WAEC May/June result, you need to print out a copy of your result slip. You will need this result slip for admission into higher education institutions in Nigeria and other countries.
If you have passed the WAEC May/June examination, you can start preparing for admission into higher education institutions. If you have not passed the WAEC May/June examination, you can register to retake the exam the following year.
The WAEC May/June result is a very important document for students in Nigeria. To check your WAEC May/June result, you can visit the WAEC website or send an SMS message to 32327. If you have any problems checking your result, contact WAEC customer service for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are the answers to the frequently asked questions (FAQs) about checking WAEC results:
- Can I check my WAEC May/June result without a scratch card?
No, you cannot check your WAEC May/June result without a scratch card. The scratch card contains the information needed to access your result on the WAEC Result Checker website
- What is the minimum pass mark for the WAEC May/June exam?
The minimum pass mark for the WAEC May/June exam is not specified by WAEC. However, to be considered for admission to higher education institutions, a student must have at least a grade C6 in six subjects, including English and Mathematics
- Can I check my WAEC May/June result using my mobile phone?
Yes, you can check your WAEC May/June results using your mobile phone. To do this, you need to have a mobile phone with internet access and follow the steps outlined on the WAEC Result Checker website. You can also check your result via SMS by sending a message to 32327
- What should I do if I have lost my examination photo card?
If you have lost your examination photo card, you should contact your school or the WAEC office in your state for assistance. They will be able to provide you with a new photo card or the information you need to access your results online
- How many times can I check my WAEC May/June result?
You can check your WAEC May/June result as many times as you want, but you will need to purchase a new scratch card each time you check your result. Each scratch card can only be used to check one result