The Nigerian Military School (NMS) Zaria is a military and academic institution that provides secondary education to boys aged between 12 and 17 years. The school is located in Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria. The school has a reputation for academic excellence and discipline, and it is one of the most prestigious schools in Nigeria. This article will provide information on the NMS Zaria admission form into JSS1.
Nigerian Military School (NMS) Zaria Online Application / Registration Form for 2023/2024 is currently available for purchase. The online application has begun. More information can be found below:
NMS Zaria Admission Form
The Nigerian Military School (NMS) in Zaria offers comprehensive academic and military training for boys who wish to enlist in the Nigerian Army as soldiers. Admission into NMS takes place once every year, and the process starts with filling out the admission application form online. The admission application usually opens around mid-February to early March every year. After filling out the admission application form, candidates are required to take a one-day pre-admission entrance examination conducted at designated centers nationwide.
Successful candidates are then shortlisted and invited to appear for a Selection Interview at NMS Headquarters located within Chindit Cantonment, Sabon-Gari, Zaria. Final successful candidates are offered admission based on their performance in the entrance examinations and Selection Interviews. It is important to note that admission into NMS is strictly for boys only, and admission is for JSS1 only. Candidates for admission must not be less than 12 years old by October 1st of the year of admission, and the maximum age limit is 14 years
Eligibility For NMS Admission Form
- Admission of Boys into the School is strictly for JSS1 ONLY.
- Candidates for admission MUST not be less than 12 years old by September of the year of admission.
- The maximum age limit is 14 years.
- The Candidate must be a male Nigerian.
- The Candidate must be at least 12 years old and not more than 14 years old by September of the year of entry.
- The Candidate must have completed Primary School education.
- The Candidate must be medically and physically fit.
- The Candidate must be of good moral character.
- The Candidate must fill out and submit his application form online through this portal.
- The Candidate must sit for the Entrance Examination on the scheduled date and at the venue chosen by him while filling out the online application form.
- Candidates are to report to the Examination Centre with the ORIGINAL COPY of their Exam Photocard as generated from the portal. Candidates without Exam Photocard shall NOT be allowed to sit for the exam.
- Candidates invited for selection interviews will be made to undergo compressive physical and medical examinations.
- Candidates invited for selection interview will be required to come with original copies of their Birth Certificate, completed Local Government Certificate of Origin, and Exam Photocard.
Please note that:
- Admission into NMS is open to all male Nigerians who fulfill the given entry requirements. It is NOT restricted to only children of Military Personnel.
- NMS does NOT accept students on transfer from other schools. All candidates must enroll at JSS 1 and then work hard and diligently to complete their education and training up to SS 3.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates must fill out the Application Form online by following these procedures:
- Visit https://www.nms1954.sch.ng/apply/
- If you have already created your sign-up profile, then log in by clicking the GREEN tab.
- If going to the application portal for the first time, then create your sign-up profile by clicking the BLUE tab.
- In Step 1, read the instructions carefully, then click the START button.
- Fill in the form correctly and submit.
- Print out your Application Form, Payment Advice, and PhotoCard which you must present at the exam center.
- IMPORTANT: You should keep your own personal copies of your Application Form, PhotoCard, and Payment Advice as you may need them when coming back to the portal in the future.
How To Pay Online
- The NMS Application Form Fee is $3,000.00, which includes Bank Transaction Charges.
- There are two methods to pay for the NMS admission application form:
- By printing your payment slip and bringing it to a bank to be paid, or
By using your bank-issued debit card (i.e. ATM card) to pay directly online.