The recruitment process typically includes an initial screening, followed by physical and medical examinations. Successful applicants will then participate in a training program, which may include both classroom instruction and field training.
The GAF is made up of three branches: the Ghana Army, the Ghana Navy, and the Ghana Air Force. Each branch has specific requirements and qualifications for recruitment, so it’s important for applicants to research and understand the requirements of the branch they are interested in joining.
- NGC Recruitment
- NNRA Recruitment
- NIHORT Recruitment
- Zambia Air Force Recruitment
- Kweneng District Council Recruitment
It’s also important to note that the GAF is not only recruiting soldiers but also Professionals in various fields such as Medicine, Engineering, Law, Information Technology, and many more.
It’s advisable to visit the official website of the Ghana Armed Forces for the most recent recruitment requirements and application procedures, as the information provided here may be subject to change.
Functions of Ghana Armed Forces
- Defending the country and its territorial integrity: The armed forces are responsible for protecting Ghana from external threats, and for maintaining the security of its borders.
- Internal Security: The armed forces assist in maintaining internal security and stability, and may be called upon to help maintain order in times of civil unrest or other emergencies.
- Peacekeeping: The Ghana Armed Forces participate in peacekeeping operations under the aegis of the United Nations and other regional organizations.
- Disaster relief: The armed forces may assist in disaster relief efforts, such as during natural disasters or humanitarian crises.
- Training and development: The Ghana Armed Forces provide training and development opportunities for its members to enhance their skills and capabilities.
- Support to Civil authorities: The Armed forces may be called upon to support civil authorities in critical situations such as natural disasters, civil unrest, and other emergencies.
- Participation in international military exercises: Ghana Armed Forces participates in international military exercises to enhance its capabilities and foster cooperation with other countries.
Requirement for Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment
- Be a Ghanaian citizen
- Be between the ages of 18 and 26 for the Army, and 18 and 28 for the Navy and Air Force
- completed their schooling, at least up to junior high.
- Have a good physical and mental health
- Meet the required height and weight standards
- Not have any criminal records
- You must not belong to any secret society or cult.
- Be willing to serve anywhere in Ghana and on international peacekeeping missions
- Pass a physical fitness test, aptitude test, and medical examination.
How to Apply for Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment
- Visit the official website of the Ghana Armed Forces (www.gafrecruitment.com) to check for recruitment notices and download the application form.
- Fill out the application form completely, providing all necessary personal and educational information.
- Attach all required documents, including a copy of your birth certificate, Junior High School certificate, and any other educational or professional qualifications.
- Submit the completed application form and required documents to the nearest Ghana Armed Forces recruitment center or via the official website.
- Take and pass the aptitude test, physical fitness test, and medical examination.
- Successful candidates will be notified and invited for training.
Note: Please keep in mind that the process may change over time and you should always check the latest information on the official website before applying.